• Last time I published a photo of a soon-to-be neck of my diy guitar it looked more like a twisted shovel rather than a proper neck. A few days later and some hours more with my trusty rasp file, a lot has changed. There's not much to write about this time. Currently the neck already has a shape that you would expect from it and the headstock is nearly done. The idea was to make a nice, "sculpted" two-sided (3+3) headstock but due to the size of a maple blank that I ordered I had to review my goal. After all, I decided to go for a Fender-ish shape and I must say I'm pretty pleased with how it came

    Nov 14,
    - by adam
  • As I said previously, I didn't have any wood for the neck of my diy guitar. Finally it arrived so I started working on the neck. The first attempt went surprisingly well. I ordered two solid blocks of maple. They arrived pretty fast and turned out to be in much better condition than I expected. One block is over a meter long and quite thick so I already made some plans, measured it and marked so I could cut out two solid necks from it. This is for later though - the next build or just in case anything went wrong with this one. The second block was a little over 70 centimeters long, around 75 milimeters wide and 30

    Nov 08,
    - by adam
  • Wood's certainly not everything. For any electric guitar some additional parts are needed so I finally went shopping :) "Went shopping" is obviously an exaggeration because I bought everything online but to my surprise - searching for the parts was much more fun than I expected. There's more to be bought but some basic stuff is already here. So far I got Wilkinson P90 pickups (which I'll write about in a separate post), 500k pots for volume and tone, a Gibson-style three way switch with a nice ivory-colored switch plate, some wires and self-adhesive copper tape for pickups' and electronics' cavity shielding and those famous 0,022µF Orange Drops (Orange capacitors). Not that Orange Caps are better than regular ones. They

    Nov 03,
    - by adam